After an amazing (and long overdue) vacation in Italy, I am back to you. Just in time for thanksgiving weekend. After all, that’s all I needed : leaving the land of FOOD… Just to come home to eat MORE food. Oh well, we can’t complain !!! At least we are getting beautiful warm days.
In Italy, it was strangely cold. I brought 10 bathing suits but didn’t go to the beach once 🙁 at least I was able to do what I went for : relax and get to spend time with my family and get to know my younger cousins which I hadn’t seen in 10 years. Half of them didn’t remember me! 10 years was way too long not to go back “home”.
I wanted to take advantage of this awesome weekend to come and say HI! to you all and ask you the cliché : what are you thankful for ? No, seriously. Did you take a minute to think about it ? I took several minutes.
I am thankful for :
• being able to have traveled 4 times this past year for work. I’ve been dreaming to become an “international” wedding photographer since I started, and this year, it actually felt like I was. 1 more to go in December.
• being able to have been doing this for 5 years already. This and only this – no other job. Wow. Thank you for trusting me in capturing your memories and your life.
• to have had a chance to photograph 5 new nationalities and/or new religious ceremonies this season. Such beautiful new experiences. I learnt so much.
• fresh air. When I left MTL, I was having trouble breathing in deeply. Not sure why. It had been going on for a little while. 2 days In my village (alezio) in the south of Italy , and everything cleared right up! The air is so amazing there. So clean. But then, I stayed in Rome for three days and my lungs were not able to take the smog. Holy moly. I was almost dying. I got really sick. So MTL, I’m thankful for you. I’m proud of you. Big city but yet, still pretty impressively cleaner than cities like Rome.
• my puppies. They are so loud but 2 weeks without them…. It was hard.
• to have reconnected with a few friends (and cousins which i hadn’t seen in along time) that have the same interests of me. Took a while… But it was worth it. We now play music, talk (like, really talk) and rant about little things that just don’t matter and then, we laugh. Laughing is good.
• for my iPhone. Weirdly enough. Because I’m really not a fan of apple. But in this past year, my iPhone was with me the whole time and I was able to capture my own memories for a change. Something I haven’t done in a long time. Well, when the battery didn’t die on me.
What about you? What are you thankful for? Would absolutely love to know. Let me know in the comments.
Happy thanksgiving fellow Canadians (and everyone else of course) !